Organizations are vying for eliminating or augmenting IT jobs. Focus is towards long-term and maximum impact. In information technology world, digital organizations and smart machines started eliminating process steps or processes by itself particularly those requiring lots of human involvement, analysis and judgment. The elimination of processes, rework and errors — as the bots execute the transactions leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Automation.
IT development always leads to the innovation of numerous technologies, which can be a path of business success. Improvement in the hardware in combination with smarter applications gives you many tools to solve complex problems. And this innovation leads to improvement in data storage, smarter apps, quick processing and wide distribution of information. What’s more? Advancement expands esteem, upgrades quality, and lifts profitability.
- By 2021, early adopter brands that redesign their websites to support visual- and voice-search will increase digital commerce revenue by 30%
- By 2020, five of the top seven digital giants will willfully “self-disrupt” to create their next leadership opportunity
- By the end of 2020, the banking industry will derive $1B in business value from the use of blockchain-based cryptocurrencies
- By 2022, most people in mature economies will consume more false information than true information
- By 2020, AI-driven creation of “counterfeit reality,” or fake content, will outpace AI’s ability to detect it, fomenting digital distrust
- By 2021, more than 50% of enterprises will be spending more per annum on bots and chat bot creations than traditional mobile app developments
- By 2021, 40% of IT staff will be versatilists, holding multiple roles, most of which will be business, rather than technology-related
- In 2020, AI will become a positive net job motivator, creating 2.3M jobs while eliminating only 1.8M jobs
- By 2020, IoT technology will be in 95% of electronics for new product designs
- Through 2022, half of all security budgets for IoT will go to fault remediation, recalls and safety failures rather than protection
IT Process Automation – A new normal in IT Industry:
Process Automation can be described as a strategy, which explains the digital transformation software and the use of advanced technology methods. This can eventually help in automation of a set of IT activities that are usually repetitive. As the idea of work has changed, so too has the technique of robotization. One such process automation trends is Robotic Process Automation (RPA). According to a report in FORRESTER, the RPA market, while only $250 million in 2016, and will grow to $2.9 billion in 2021.
IT Process Automation help providing an exact vision of IT workflow. Also, it helps to establish KPIs and metrics, which then forms the basis for process improvement. This can also eliminate the redundant steps, speeds up your IT processes and improves operational efficiency. Rather than assigning work on the basis of who happens to be available, automating work activities makes you able to match work with the staff, who have appropriate skills.
IT Process Automation is also one of the quality benefits, by standardizing processes, which drastically eliminates the human errors. Workflow system acts as overwatch thus reduces the management oversight of daily IT operational issues.
All the above IT predictions are hard core facts? Not sure. Though not 100 %, these IT predictions are relatively certainties, or at least firmly defined trends across the software industry.